Wow that worked, thanks. Didnt know it came with the distro.
Thanks

From: JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie]
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:38:45 -0500

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:10:02 +0000
"Martin Brandt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey ive just compiled mplayer 1.0 on my Mandrake 9.2 system and i want to
> enable the gui.
> When i tried to do this it says i dont have GTK. I have been told i need the
> GTK-devel files but where can i get them?

One really easy way around all this, just:

urpmi mplayer-gui

and it will install mplayer, mplayer-gui, and everything else you need,
including skins, codecs, etc.

unless yer dead set on compiling it all yerself.

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046

_________________________________________________________________ Hotmail messages direct to your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/msnmobile