On Wednesday 22 October 2003 08:36 am, qhwang wrote:
> Many thanks for your response. The problem is, the burning process was very
> smooth. There was no error taking place, I think.
>
> > Did you finalize the CD?  If you created a multisession CD and did not
> > finalize the volume, you will NOT be able to mount the CD since the Lead
>
> In
>
> > and Lead Out as well as TOC have not been written to the disk yet.
>
> This is my first time to burn something with MDK. I did not find any
> message about "finalize the CD". K3B reported the burning is completed and
> I quitted it. I just discarded the k3b project which the system (k3b) asked
> to save. That's what I did. By the way, I only want to burn photos as a
> data cd.

When you create a data cd project, you drag and drop the files you want to add
and click the burn button.  Under the burn dialog, on the settings tab, it
asks if you want to:  No multisession, Continue multisession, Start
multisession, or Finish multisession.  When you burned the disk, did you
check the No multisession block?  If you started a multisession, then you
have burned a multisession disk and it is probably not finalized.  You can
finalize the disc by issuing the cdrecord -fix command from a command line.

If you have xcdroast installed, you can also use the GUI interface to do this
by going to Create CD, Write Tracks and clicking the Fixate CD-R/RW only
button at the bottom of the screen.

You can also use cdrecord to try to extract the TOC on the disk, but based on
your description below, it sounds very much like the problem is that the disk
is not finalized.  When a disk is not finalized and you try to burn
additional data to it, it will detect that the media is not empty and if you
are not specifying to continue a multisession, you will get the error that
the disk is not empty but you can not mount it because it lacks a valid TOC
for the OS to mount.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer