Hi Derek,

Your wrote:
Shorewall is a very effective firewall, but there are a couple of
things you
should know.

Many thanks for that - it is the clearest explanation I have yet read about this issue. Great!

More importantly, following your steps & suggestions EVERYTHING is working as I want.

Mate, the next shout's on me, as we say down here!

-- Pierre Final Filer Software http://www.finalfiler.com Worrigee, NSW, Australia 2540 ------------------------------ Life's like a roll of toilet paper- The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.