On Oct 28, 2003, at 15:57, Charlie M. wrote:

Tuesday 28 October 2003 13:11, Schwartz Avi wrote:

I just wonder what will happen to all the people that lost their drive. Is Mdk going to pay for them? Can they even afford it?

Avi

Lol,

I'd get upset if mandrake even thought about paying for it..

LG, should be paying for it because  the problem is with them.. not
mandrake..
The only thing mandrake have to do, is put in the workaround..
which they already have it seems.

Franki, I totally agree with you. Unfortunately many people have mouths bigger than brains.

Anne

Anne,

Your comment was not about me, right?

Now let me ask you a question. If Microsoft had released a new version
of Windows that so happened to destroy CD drives, would you be as
generous as you are to Mandrake or would you scream from the top of
your lungs for Microsoft to pay for the damage?

Avi

The LG drive problem should never have happened. Period. LG should never have
claimed that they don't support or test on GNU/Linux and then package CD-ROM
drives in a box stating "Compatible with Slackware" either.

What the hell do they think Slack is; a version of Windows for lazy bastards?

Since most of the hardware manufacturers on the planet have been in thrall to
Microsoft for so many years, and since everything that will work with an
Apple is _totally_ controlled by Apple, why shouldn't we blame MS for this
one too? Or Apple.

Or both.

I just Googled LG cdrom problems and their track record seems to be a
bit....spotty to say the least.

Do you have a point to make or are you just trolling? That's OK, trolls can be
filtered easily enough.

On this mailing list this subject now goes directly to /dev/null since there's
apparently nothing new to be learned.

Gotta go.

Well, Charlie M., too bad you will not be able to read this message, but hopefully other will read it and know you are an ass.

I was not trolling, I wanted to know who should be responsible for this. Customers are going to want to know that. Calling everyone that you don't like what they are saying trolls make you one big asshole as far as I am concerned.

Avi