Franki wrote:
John Richard Smith wrote:

Which is why we need a TWIKI to tell us which hardware conforms to minimum standards, and which hardware does not, and may cause, or be, harmed . As a newbie we cannot be expected to know the difference. It is all too damn easy to buy the wrong equipement.

John

FRANKI:

Agreed..

A real hardware compatability list for mandrake would be fantastic.. something like the MS compatability list.
Since Mandrake has neither the money or the resources to provide this, it falls to us users..

Which is why for whatever its faults, the twiki can be a great resource..
someone needs to create a better script/db for the hardware list though..
If enough people thinks its worth it.. I will knock up a PHP/MySQL that is nothing else BUT a hardware list that people can add to
as they will. or comment on someone elses submission.

There is a searchable hardware compatibility list on the main Mandrake website, with symbols showing the degree of compatibility from officially supported right down to incompatible. I guess now they'll have to add a little bomb icon for hardware that blows up when used with Mandrake ;-)

Sir Robin

--
"I declare this sentence a performative!"

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533