From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 9:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] My system crashes on Mandrake 9.2 ??!! Is linux really
stable ??

Dear Friends ,

I have Asus A7n8x-deluxe , 2500 + athlon and Asus FX 5600 vga card. I
installed Mandrake 9.2 and I also installed latest original mainboard
and
vga drivers from Nvidia's site. Everything ( even 3com lan adapter )
works
fine. I see no fail message during boot -up. I also installed some
styles(
aqua ) from www.kde-look.org and normally there seems no any error. But
my
system crashes randomly ( stops responding , no mouse and no keyboard !!
)
. I experienced this while I was scrolling with mouse ( mouse stopped
suddenly ) . This happened twice in 3 hours. When I was using Win XP I
had
the same problem ( The system crashed randomly in 3 hours or sometimes
did
not crash at all several days. I mean This happened randomly . But after
installing latest XP drivers for mobo and VGA I did not experience any
crash since 7 days of hardwork on XP. It seems  It  is OK on XP ,  but
how
about on Mandrake 9.2 ??. My rams are Kingston. My power supply unit is
400
W Zalman.

Is there any possibility of hardware failure if so how can I understand
??
And if the reason is somehow Mandrake 9.2 ; I heard always that linux is
much more stable , so what is this ?????

And what can I do if such crash happens on Mandrake ? should I wait ? or
should I  reset the computer ?? since keyboard and mouse does not
respond.

Thanks..

Hertas.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd BCP House 151 Charles Street Stockport Cheshire SK1 3JY

Tel: +44 (0)161 355-3000
Fax: +44 (0)161 355-3001
Web: http://www.bcpsoftware.com <http://www.bcpsoftware.com/>