Michael.Adolf wrote:

Under pressure from family users, I attempted to upgrade my dual boot W98/MDK9.1 to XP(Home Ed)/MDK9.1. M$ stopped me cold by not having a driver for
my ModemBlaster 56kII modem. I googled the rest of the day for a driver, none from manufacture, no third party.

If not 3rd party driver exists for your XP OS then it's curtains for that device.

You will need a new modem.

Buy a hardware controlled modem, they work in all OS's, no driver needed, and they don't cost that much either.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]