On Monday 24 November 2003 10:37 am, Michael.Adolf wrote:
> Under pressure from family users, I attempted to upgrade my dual boot
> W98/MDK9.1 to XP(Home Ed)/MDK9.1. M$ stopped me cold by not having a driver
> for my ModemBlaster 56kII modem. I googled the rest of the day for a
> driver, none from manufacture, no third party.  So, my question is, does
> any one have a running dual boot XP/MDK?  What's the modem? Can I just
> install a second cheap PCI winModem with out interferring with my linux
> modem?

Mike:
You've just achieved a milestone: This is the first time that I've ever heard
someone complain that a winmodem that works with linux won't work with
Windows!

My first choice, of course, would be a real modem -- preferably external and
connected through a serial port. If you can't see your way clear to that,
then why not get a modem that works with both Linux and XP? There are a bunch
of them out there. A good starting point is:
http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/MoDems
In addition to the two postings about actual Mandrake users' experience with
linmodems, there are two links to some very useful sites at the bottom of the
page.
-- cmg