Mike Adolf wrote:
On Thursday 27 November 2003 03:07 pm, robin wrote:

Mike Adolf wrote:

Anybody know of a modem that works with XP and linux?

The supported hardware page will give you a list: http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/hardware.php3

As others have pointed out, any hardware modem should work fine; others
may or may not be supported.

Sir Robin

Robin,
My Blaster Modem di5601-1 is a hardware moden and it works fine with Linux. My porblem, since I want to upgrade 'half' my system to XP, it won't work with XP, something about TAPI not working for earlier models.

I was wondering. Can I install a second cheap PCI winmodem on another com port to use just for windown XP, and use the Blaster modem for only linux? Or will they confilct?

Should be OK, though you may have to disable your hardware modem in the Windows hardware profile. I don't know about XP, but this works in Win98.

Sir Robin