On Friday 28 Nov 2003 2:32 pm, JoeHill wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:06:48 +0000
>
> Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If you run LEAF-Bering  firewall http://leaf.sourceforge.net/
> > you can run the whole thing from a single floppy no HD required,
> > and about 8M of memory. It uses shorewall just like Mandrake so
> > configuration is the same. (Well the text files are, you don't
> > get a GUI running in 8Meg)
>
> If yer into that, fine, but from the Smoothwall FAQ:
>
> "Installation is as simple as booting your PC with the Smoothwall
> CD, and configuring ... as easy as pointing a browser at the
> Smoothwall system."
>
> One thing I *did* notice, though, is that Smoothwall does require a
> HD, though it only needs to be 100MB or so...god, can you even
> *find* HD's that small anymore?

You'd be amazed what junk some of us keep <g>  Seriously, though, if
you're stuck for a very small HDD, Aron, mail me off-list.  I may
have finally thrown all the 100MB ones (think I did that a couple of
months ago) but I'm very likely to have one or two 400MB ones.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302