On Saturday 29 November 2003 08:45 pm, Cenora AlemÃo wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I was finding my MDK9.2 a bit slow after some installation problems
> with k3b-0.10.2. Well, I was used to do, I reinstalled it from the CD:
> thatÂs the way I solve some problems that come from apparently nowhere.
> This time, however, I got a weird result. As I changed the security level
> the first time I tried to reinstall ( I done it twice), my menu ainÂt got
> itÂs upper part now, thereÂre only the three lower normal options, but none
> of what the menudrake would be used to set. But the worst comes now - It
> remains slow!!! So, what can I do? MDK is in black and IÂm feeling blue!

Run update-menus -v as root and then apply all the security and bug fix
updates to fix permanently.  What is slow BTW, K3b or the system?
 If it is taking too long to load programs, it could be that the machine is
having trouble resolving to its own name.  What does your /etc/hosts file
look like?

--
/g