Run update-menus -v as root

I've done it, but didn work. I changed the security level, and its' ok now with the menus (considering it's 9.2).

and then apply all the security and bug fix updates to fix permanently.

Are there programs like those available? Correcting programs?

What is slow BTW, K3b or the system?

The system is slow. What's BTW?

If it is taking too long to load programs, it could be that the machine is having trouble resolving to its own name. What does your /etc/hosts file look like?

I'm not able to analyse them. I use KDE desktop, and it's way too slow on loading at startup. Programs are taking longer too to load. I checked the CPU usage, and it seems normal... Gotta be something intrinsic from the MDK/KDE?!?!

Well, I feel too much like a newbie sometimes...

Thanks

Thiago