On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 03:14 pm, many eyes noted that Cenora wrote:
> I'm not able to analyse them. I use KDE desktop, and it's way too slow
> on loading at startup. Programs are taking longer too to load. I checked
> the CPU usage, and it seems normal... Gotta be something intrinsic from
> the MDK/KDE?!?!
>
> Well, I feel too much like a newbie sometimes...
>
> Thanks
>
> Thiago

Bring up a terminal and type in top, see if aplay is running in the
background? Probably something else, but this has happened to me a few times.

Charlie

--
And all the loveliest things that there be
Come simply, so it seems to me.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1.1.0