On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:35:43 -0500
Mike Adolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I added a second user using userdrake. When I tried to logon to the new
> account. I get "No Write Permission on HOME " KDE can't start.  SO, although
> the new home has the same permissions as my home,  I change the permission to
> 777 on new HOME.  Tried to log on again (without rebooting), and it worked.
> I thought, OK problem solved. Wrong! After I rebooted, it got the same error,
> THE PERMISSONS WERE SET BACK TO ORIGINAL VALUES!! I repeated the chmod again
> just to make sure I wasn't nuts. I wasn't.
>
> I opened userdrake and it had the userid = 500 and groupid = 500. BUT doing an
>
> ls -l on /home shows that the new home has user and group both 502 ????

BTW, were the two usernames the same? I've never tried to create two users with
the same name, I'm not sure how the system would react with that. I've certainly
never run into this problem creating a new user with a *different* name before.

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046