Melissa Reese wrote:

When you mention the computer allowing us more time to enjoy our
passions and pastimes, I have to wonder instead how spending time in
front of computers has *become* many people's passion/pastime, and has
in fact *replaced* the time formerly spent pursuing more "active"
passions and pastimes in the "real world" as opposed to the "virtual"
world (yes, there is reality in cyber-space, but it's of a different
sort).

Sure can agree with that . I have a passion for Angling and spend a fair
amount of my, not really spare, time in persuit of it, but I don't
really feel offering some of my valuable time helping myself and others
to install and run what in essence is open source software too much
hardship. It works because people do offer their valuable time, free of
charge, to one and all. Is offering one's valuable time too much of a
price to pay. Well, it depends on the personal circumstances of each and
every one of us . You must make your decision, as I make mine, and yes
sometimes I do feel as though I spend too much of my time in front of a
computer screen, but the solution is simple, go do something else if
that is what you want, because it's your choice, as it is mine.

John

-- John Richard Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED]