On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 04:07:38PM +0100, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
> John.
>
> you already wrote this earlier and go me a bit surprised. As long as
> process is running, it should be listed (and it is, on my box) in top,
> no matter if it's idling or consuming all the CPU. In other words, my
> mozilla never gets out of top listing.... oh, now I get it, you're
> probably running top with -i flag (don't show idle processes), right?

I don't know how top knows what to display--I've got so many processes
running it would be impossible to fit them all in a terminal window. I
assume it puts the most active/resource intensive at the top. So, when
I'm just looking at a page in Mozilla, it doesn't show up in top, but
when I scroll, there it appears, with X.

Todd