Todd Slater wrote:

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 04:07:38PM +0100, Raffaele Belardi wrote:

John.

you already wrote this earlier and go me a bit surprised. As long as process is running, it should be listed (and it is, on my box) in top, no matter if it's idling or consuming all the CPU. In other words, my mozilla never gets out of top listing.... oh, now I get it, you're probably running top with -i flag (don't show idle processes), right?

I don't know how top knows what to display--I've got so many processes running it would be impossible to fit them all in a terminal window. I assume it puts the most active/resource intensive at the top. So, when I'm just looking at a page in Mozilla, it doesn't show up in top, but when I scroll, there it appears, with X.

Todd

Exactly and precisely, it's there but so low down the list when nothing is happening and jumps to the top when in use.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]