Hello all,

I'm having a ball getting the proprietary nvidia drivers to work on box for a
geforce2 DDR card.

I've already tried every trick in the book and a lot that aren't, frying the
initrd twice in the process and using every kernel I could get my hands on to
boot.
Tried all rpm's available as well the nvidia install script....nutting:(

I keep on getting the same error in XFree:NVRM: rm_init_adapter failed

The way I read my logs the nvidia gets loaded fine by the kernel but gets
deactivated by XFree when it can't use the glx module with
/dev/nvidia0.....:-/

Ah yes, I have commented out the <dri> line in /etc/security/console.perms and
there's no line pointing to it in XF86Config-4 nor to GLcore, so it isn't
that.

Does this ring any bells or is it a known Mandrake issue I've missed
somewhere?

TIA,
HarM

--