On Thursday 04 December 2003 22:23, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Did you do the:
>
> chmod 0666 /dev/nvidia*
> chown root /dev/nvidia*
>
> thingy?

Hehehehh, are you getting back at me for criticizing yer reply settings?;D
No, I didn't.
Anyway, this is what I get:
 chmod 0666 /dev/nvidia*
chmod: failed to get attributes of `/dev/nvidia*': No such file or directory
lsmod shows no nvidia module loaded.

Hey, that's funny I don't remember uninstalling the nvidia kernel.
urpmq doesn't show it either......so run nvidia's installer again, I'm
definitely getting old.

Ok, it installs and removes some stale stuff (at least it gives that
impression).....lsmod shows nvidia, startx doesn't play ball:(
Can't load the module....sheesh! So lets give it a reboot just be sure.......a
shocking mess: no more user/lib/module.deps (or something along that line)
and an unworkable system:(
Luckily I can boot from another partition that has / mirrored so no real
damage except me losing an hour or 2.

What a mess:(

Good luck,
HarM