> Saturday 06 December 2003 12:38 am, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> > Actually my questions are dumb questions.
> >
> > First: is there a master volume control in Mandrake 9.2? I can only hear
> > sound when the amplifier of my home theatre is at its maximum.
>
> I hope you read my reply to Rick's error below before you downloaded and
> started attempting to install 64 bit drivers on an Athlon.

Yes, I did. Happily I got two replies from you. I am nor receiving many
posts from the list. I do not even get my posts.

> Onward and sidewise; master volume would be aumix, or kmix or alsamixer,
or
> alsamixerGUI or.... what are you looking for? Which sound server are you
> using?

Sound server? I do not follow. Do I need a sound server to get sound?

> One of those should work to do what you want, but if you're "outing"
through a
> home theatre system amplifier you'll have to experiment to find which line
> adjusts what.

Yes, it is a home theatre with an amplifier.

 If you're talking about the PC speaker system called Home
> Theatre by marketting weenies any of the mixers should do.

No, it is not a computer with speakers attached. It is a full home theatre.

> In other words it's easier to figure out when you're looking at the system
<g>
> > Second, I want to install the NVIDIA drivers, and there are the IA32,
and
> > the AMD64, both supporting my Geoforce3 (Platinum) card. My processor is
an
> > Athlon 1.4 Ghz. I reckon the 32 and 64 refer to a 32 bit OS and a 64 bit
OS