On Friday 12 December 2003 17:51, Tango Echo wrote:
> find out how/if this is possible.  Currently I have a
> document I'm scanning in via Kooka but am only able to
> send each individual page to a PDF file.  Hence, a 5
> page docuement produces 5 individual files instead of
> a single PDF file =/
>
> Any suggestions or should I look on expert?  I would
> think this would be a very common task that I am
> trying to accomplish here...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tango

Well it's actually quite simple: If you use cups for printing you can set it
to "print to pdf" and it will automatically create multipage documents if it
doesn't fit on one page (exporting it through OofficeOrg does create a single
long one-page document, though).

In cups you also have the option to "save to file" which does the same and
creates a multi-page .ps file.
Ps files (coming from the same source) can be appended to each other thus:
"cat file1.ps file2.ps > file1+2.ps" (without the quotes) creates a file
(file1+2.ps) that has both in it.
To append a 3d thus:
cat file3.ps >> file1+2.ps where file1+2.ps now also has 3 added to the end
(appended). A single > would've overwritten the original content.

To create a printable pdf from it: "ps2pdfpress file1+2.ps file-press.pdf"
Type ps2 and then hit <tab> to see all available options.

Good luck,
HarM

--
Registered Linux User #197998