Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 05:12 am, many eyes noted that Iván Velamazán González wrote:

In my case (Mandrake 9.2; 512MB RAM and 512MB swap) I've never seen swap
used (normal / personal workstation use)... Well, one time I saw a few
kilobytes allocated.

The next time I make changes at the disk, I'll reduce it to a half or
less...

Does your systems (with this quantity of RAM memory) use really the swap?

Curiosity.

<snip>

The system here with 512 MB RAM has never used swap, but I do have a 128 MB swap partition just in case.

Charlie

Heck charlie ,

I have 512 MB of RAM and mine often needs it, especially on those big number crunching jobs like analogue to digital sound creation, dvd to divx creation, you need all your system has then.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]