On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 18:23, Howard Dunn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Mandrake MNF using the network boot disk...on a
> Toshiba Portege 3110CT laptop
>
> I get an IP address no problem but then I receive an "install exited
> abnormally :-( -- received signal 11" error..
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks

Howard; A Sig 11 error could be from a variety of devices in the laptop,
including Ram and the CPU. Do a search on Google and look for MemTest86.
You can install it on a boot disk, and run a test of your Ram. Otherwise
it could be something as simple as an IRQ conflict, or video settings
that the laptop doesn't like.

Try disabling unnecessary things like USB in your laptop's BIOS, and
turn off Plug'n'Play as well.

Then re-start your install. Let us know how it goes. Remember what I
said about MemTest86 and the Ram.

By the way, are you unable to install from CD's? That might eliminate
some of your problem and speed up the install.

Lanman