On Monday 29 December 2003 00:40, Job Evers wrote:
> I have done as instructed and there was no output.
> My system must not even know that I inserted the
> wireless card.
>
> I took a screen capture of my system setup in windozs,
> if that might provide some insight on the situation.
> http://web.mit.edu/jobevers/www/linux/system.snapshot.jpg
>
> Thanks.
>
> Job

Job,
I've gotten a sweex cardbus card working with the same chips.....that is: I
didn't but the good people at linuxant did.
Take a look over there (www;linuxant.com), you can get a free 30day trial to
check if it (wrappers using windows drivers on linux) works for you. That
way, at least you'll be able to connect to your LAN using ad-hoc mode and if
you like it: donate a few $'s for the trouble they took.
I suppose one should be able to get the card working with native linux drivers
but I haven't had the heart to get to work on it, it's not worth it.

On the whole one is better off selling the card to somebody else (a winders or
non-choosy user) and buying a prism2 chipped card. Be it windows or linux
they simply offer better performance aka realtek is pushing shoddy stuff
again:(

The prism2 card can be used as an accesspoint (linux only) if wanted and
offers a "monitor" mode option.....it's simply more value for money.
There's probably more good hardware out there I'm not mentioning, but I wasn't
planning on testing them all.
The atmel chipsets work under linux for instance but aren't to my personal
liking either.....poor performance and no tools.

Good luck,
HarM
--
Registered Linux User #197998