On Sunday 21 December 2003 23:02, Job Evers wrote:
> Is this a question better asked on this list or the
> expert list?
>
> > I just purchased a Blitzz BWP612B NetWave Point PC
> > 802.11b 11Mbps Wireless LAN Cardbus PC Card.  The
> > product claims to support Linux Red Hat 8.0, so I
> > would assume that it would work with Mandrake 9.2,
> > but
> > I don't know what I need to do to make it work
> >
> > I honestly don't remember the specs on my system.
> > It
> > is a Gateway 400 SP series laptop.  The card works
>
> just
>
> > fine when I reboot and use WindowsXP, so the problem
> > is not with incompatible hardware.
> >
> > I've read through some of the previous postings and
> > attempted to follow some of the instructions there.
> > have installed pcmcia-cs and wireless-tools.
> >
> > # more /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
> > PCMCIA=yes
> > PCIC=yenta_socket
> >
> > But whenever I startup, my card doesn't give the
> > "two
> > beeps"  i am supposed to hear when the PCMCIA slot
> > is
> > activated.
> >
> > # cardctl ident
> > Socket 0:
> >   no product info available
> >
> > I also don't see a listing for the pcmcia slot under
> > HardDrake,  and
> > # dmesg | grep pcmcia returns nothing.
> >
> > If it didn't work perfectly in Windows I would think
> > that there was a hardware problem.  As it is, I have
> > no idea what is wrong, nor any idea what I need to
> > do
> > to fix it.

> > http://photos.yahoo.com/
> >
> > > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
>
> MandrakeSoft?
>
> > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

> http://photos.yahoo.com/

Before inserting your card open a terminal and as su/root type "tail -f
/var/log/messages".
Then insert the card and see what the output says about it.

That way you (and us too) will have more of an idea what might wrong.
If it says "non supported card" it's time for some googling.
It's a cardbus device so you should be getting references to PCI devices as
well.

Good luck,
HarM
--