On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 00:22, Melissa Reese wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 22:23, you wrote:
>
> > have you tried evolution??
>
> I'm writing this email from Evolution.
>
> > i like evolution but i do want something better... i havent tried
> > the mozilla one yet.. i have seen some emails people send that
> > indent the replies in the same email that came from a diff reply,
> > hope yu can understand what im getting at..
>
> Um...I have to admit that I'm not quite sure what you're getting at
> here.  I suppose I could guess, but could you explain a bit more?
>
> > what do u think is the best in the linux world.. i dont like using
> > M$ programs with wine cuz its the reason i dont use M$ programs..
> > heheh
>
> Just to be clear about something...The Bat! is not a "MS program", as
> it's just a program that happens to be written for use on Windows.  When
> I deal with Windows, the OS itself is the only "MS program" that I use.
>
> Evolution feels too much like OE to me (eek!), so that alone kinda makes
> me cringe.  That may not be the most rational reason to dislike it, but
> there are other things I don't like about it as well.  In fact, in order
> to re-format the cut up quoted text above, I had to resort to using a
> Windows text cleanup/re-formatting utility that I currently have working
> under Wine.  Also...I don't know why this happens, but very often,
> Evolution freezes for several seconds, and this is quite annoying.
>
> I must admit (again and again), that I'm quite spoiled by using The Bat!
> for email, so I can only really evaluate the various Linux email clients
> I've tried in terms of being the "least offensive of the bunch".  In
> that sense, even though Sylpheed-claws seems to have more options, I'm
> finding Kmail has earned my "least offensive" award for the moment. :-)
>
> As far as running The Bat! under Wine goes, I wish I didn't feel that it
> was my only chance to be really happy with an email client in Linux, but
> at this point, it is.  What I really wish for is to have TB! ported to
> Linux, so I wouldn't have to deal with Wine at all (I could then even
> use the TB! editor to enhance Knode or Pan composition, and wouldn't
> have to use the cleanup/re-formatting utility I'm currently using under
> Wine to work with those).
>
> I know that many here will refuse to try any program written for
> Windows, so I don't expect them to really understand why I'm not very
> impressed with the various Linux email clients when I compare them to
> The Bat!, but what can I say?...what you don't know can't impress you!
> :-)

ok the evolution freezing every few seconds only happens on my 64 bit
box... on my 9.2 32 bit it does not freeze.. i havent checked the
version numbers but i thought i was the only one that had that problem..
and what i was gettin at before is that ill get and email that is a
reply to what i wrote and it will be indented.. and if there is a reply
to a reply in that email it will be included in the new email but
indented even further... unless someone ran a script to make it do
that.. but i think its whatever email program they r using. i guess ill
look for bat and see what its about :)

--
jason pearl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>