Ever try Mulberry? http://www.cyrusoft.com/index.html

Shawn

On Monday, Dec 22, 2003, at 01:35 US/Central, jason pearl wrote:

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 00:22, Melissa Reese wrote:
Hi Jason,

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 22:23, you wrote:

have you tried evolution??

I'm writing this email from Evolution.

i like evolution but i do want something better... i havent tried
the mozilla one yet.. i have seen some emails people send that
indent the replies in the same email that came from a diff reply,
hope yu can understand what im getting at..

Um...I have to admit that I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here. I suppose I could guess, but could you explain a bit more?

what do u think is the best in the linux world.. i dont like using
M$ programs with wine cuz its the reason i dont use M$ programs..
heheh

Just to be clear about something...The Bat! is not a "MS program", as
it's just a program that happens to be written for use on Windows. When
I deal with Windows, the OS itself is the only "MS program" that I use.

Evolution feels too much like OE to me (eek!), so that alone kinda makes
me cringe. That may not be the most rational reason to dislike it, but
there are other things I don't like about it as well. In fact, in order
to re-format the cut up quoted text above, I had to resort to using a
Windows text cleanup/re-formatting utility that I currently have working
under Wine. Also...I don't know why this happens, but very often,
Evolution freezes for several seconds, and this is quite annoying.

I must admit (again and again), that I'm quite spoiled by using The Bat!
for email, so I can only really evaluate the various Linux email clients
I've tried in terms of being the "least offensive of the bunch". In
that sense, even though Sylpheed-claws seems to have more options, I'm
finding Kmail has earned my "least offensive" award for the moment. :-)

As far as running The Bat! under Wine goes, I wish I didn't feel that it
was my only chance to be really happy with an email client in Linux, but
at this point, it is. What I really wish for is to have TB! ported to
Linux, so I wouldn't have to deal with Wine at all (I could then even
use the TB! editor to enhance Knode or Pan composition, and wouldn't
have to use the cleanup/re-formatting utility I'm currently using under
Wine to work with those).

I know that many here will refuse to try any program written for
Windows, so I don't expect them to really understand why I'm not very
impressed with the various Linux email clients when I compare them to
The Bat!, but what can I say?...what you don't know can't impress you!
:-)

ok the evolution freezing every few seconds only happens on my 64 bit
box... on my 9.2 32 bit it does not freeze.. i havent checked the
version numbers but i thought i was the only one that had that problem..
and what i was gettin at before is that ill get and email that is a
reply to what i wrote and it will be indented.. and if there is a reply
to a reply in that email it will be included in the new email but
indented even further... unless someone ran a script to make it do
that.. but i think its whatever email program they r using. i guess ill
look for bat and see what its about :)

--
jason pearl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>