On Friday 02 January 2004 08:21 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Saturday 03 Jan 2004 1:09 am, Derek Jennings wrote:

> > As far as I know the rpm update fixes all the issue with menus
> > apart from the fluxbox one I mentioned.
> >
> > derek
>
> I should have added to my last post that running update-menus -v
> will produce a verbose output which should give you a clue where
> update-menus is failing (as it obviously is or else your menus
> would be complete)
>
> derek

I just ran the update-menus -v again and everything appeared to be ok
as far as the entries go.  Has anybody ever had problems downloading
updates from mirrors? Could the download have been changed or altered
so that it would install but not work? I am starting to grasp at
anything here. This has been pretty frustrating. One other thing that
is happening: when i put a link on the menu panel at the bottom of
the screen, you can't see the link but if you hold the cursor over
the position and click, the application will start. I guess everybody
is starting to roll on the floor laughing by now. Haven't tried that
yet but it might work. This is starting to seem like the twilight
zone and a little laughter never hurt anything.
john