On Friday 02 January 2004 06:10 pm, John wrote:

> > > As far as I know the rpm update fixes all the issue with menus
> > > apart from the fluxbox one I mentioned.
> > >
> > > derek
> >
> > I should have added to my last post that running update-menus -v
> > will produce a verbose output which should give you a clue where
> > update-menus is failing (as it obviously is or else your menus
> > would be complete)
> >
> > derek

I installed 9.2 on an experimental box yesterday, and immediately I ran into
the menus problems when cups was installed with my printer configuration.
Some of my panel icons went missing, and the "Terminals" section disappeared
from my kde start menu, as well as none of the printer configuration stuff
appearing.  That was weird.  And, the update-menus didn't work.  The really
odd thing was, when I ran mcc and looked at the menu list, everything was
there!  So, off I went for the rpm update fixes.  They worked and everything
in the kde menus returned to normal, but the panel icons never did come back,
I was forced to re-add them manually.

e.