On Sunday 04 January 2004 04:48 am, John wrote:

> Hi
> Thanks for the response. Is there a way to download and install the
> update rpm and dependency again? Automatic update has dowloaded and
> indicates no updates when checking.  I am not familiar enough with
> mandrake to proceed from here. I don't believe the install was good
> either so it seems that I would have to force the install or remove
> the old one and re-install. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> John

I downloaded the packages individually using the link to the ftp mirrors on
the Mandrake bugfix site--these:

http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/ftp.php

The packaglist needed is on the bugfix site:

 http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/advisories/advisory.php?name=MDKA-2003:030-1

I installed 6 packages, all the listed ones except the *.src.rpm.  I installed
each package from the command line with:

 root#rpm --nodeps -Ufvh name_of_file.rpm

Then I did an  #update-menus -v     which acted like it didn't complete (took
a long time and never returned me to the command prompt), but it must have,
because I did a Cntrl>C after 45 minutes or so and restarted kde and my menu
items were all there.

I hope it works for you.