----- Original Message -----
From: emnej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [newbie] fonts

> Mandrake 9.2
> Gnome 2.4
>
> Some of the programs that I use have nice anti-aliased fonts in the
> menu's. Examples are: Evolution, Epiphany, Galeon, Abiword, Gnumeric
>
> Others have bad looking fonts. Examples: Gnucash, Sylpheed-Claws, Grip
>
> Apart from the standard Mdk download edition I installed libfreetype
> from plf to have better fonts in Openoffice.org.
>
> Is there anyway I could improve this? I tried all the settings in the
> Gnome configuration centre but without succes.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Erik
Hi Erik, if you are able to import some MS TT fonts, you will
notice a marked improvement. Aside from that, and concerning
OpenOffice fonts, you can check here:
http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/fontguide.html

The section on "Changing the user interface font", will get
you a much better looking UI.
I don't use Gnome, and I find configuration to be quite
confusing in it as compared to KDE, which I do use, and
like. With Gnome, I think maybe you have to do more
configuration on an individual program basis. KDE seems
to have things more integrated, at least to me.
YMMV, of course.

Someone more familiar with Gnome will be able
to help you a lot more, but maybe this will help
a little.
Best regards.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
in awareness." -- James Thurber

~Linux Powered by Mandrake 9.1~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~

Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.operamail.com, which allows you to send