On Monday 05 January 2004 09:32 pm, julie wrote:

> > > For me, 9.2 worked much more "out of the box" than 9.1.  Sound, digital
> > > camera, printer all worked more or less straight away, whereas 9.1 took
> > > a lot of fiddling.  Was worth it...for /me/ at least.  I might be
> > > unusual.
> > >
> > > Paul
> >
> > Paul:
> > How much updating was necessary? Yeah, I'm still on dialup (at 44K), and
> > downloading massive files is not a pleasant task.
> > -- cmg
>
> Cheapbytes has a CD of the Mandrake 9.2 updates that takes you through the
> bulk of them ... I think it is a little over 400MB (or there abouts).
> Anyway after updating with that and then doing a further update via the
> Internet can be a great help to those on dial-up.
>
> Julie

Julie:
Thanks for the tip. It's been ordered. $3.99 for the CD and another $5.00 to
ship it sounds like a much better deal to me than spending over 24 hours
downloading all that stuff.

Back to the OP's question: 400MB of updates sounds kind of high to me --
that's roughly 20 per cent of the base 3 CD distribution.

Sigh -- I guess it's time to call the cable guy.
-- cmg