On Thursday 15 January 2004 12:17 pm, jason pearl wrote:

> I never bet a bounce back and nobody can telnet to me even with my
> router port opened so i guess the outgoing 25 is blocked? so does that
> mean incoming is blocked also?

Jason, I just did some research to try to clear this up.  According to this:
http://support.cox.net/custsup/email/email_info.shtml
Cox does not block incoming port 25, they do however, block outgoing port 25
just as Earthlink does.  You should be able to receive mail at a dynamic
domain but you will not be able to send mail without configuring the mail
server to relay through Cox's mail servers.

If other people are unable to telnet to port 25 on your system, it might be
because you are running a firewall that is dropping the traffic or your mail
server is incorrectly configured and therefore is not active.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer