jason pearl wrote:

cdrecord device (n,n,n or filename): 0,X,0 has not format n,n,n and is no file : NOT Ok

Ok this above is wrong.. change the x... or it will not find uyour drive.. change it to 0,0,0 :)

True,but this is only for the writer software aspect and I don't think it's relevent to my problem as such.

One thing that has ocured to me overnight. What installation are you running. Is your transcode install one of the various rpm installs,such as PLF, or are you running the website cvs version ? The reason I ask is that if transcode is like mplayer in regard to cvs versions they don't automatically come with dcss libraries/decryption to decrypt the mpeg2 vob files.
I may be lacking something in this direction, don't know, the transcode website isn't very enlightening on that subject, merely references that transcode is a one package install. That may, or may not enclude decryption, I don't know ?
But mine is a cvs install.

John

--
John Richard Smith