anton wrote:

ig you guys like gui you can use DVDRip.. i use it and it works great.

Looks like a gui for transcode is that correct ?

Sure is. I used mencoder for a while but it seems to ask to much from my chip (long story) which promptly overheats and seizes. Which gets me round to it... mencoder is heaps faster, and probably better quality than transcode. It is under heavy development also, with transcode only just ticking over. If you want gui though, you won't find anything else that holds a candle to dvd::rip. It kicks butt. Only vidomi is easier to use IMHO, and that is doze only. There are a couple of annoying things that dvd::rip does (or rather doesn't) do, but they are probably things that only I like when ripping, so I wouldn't sweat it. For me there isn't much of a choice but...
In short, if you don't have a love affair with the CL, then dvd::rip is you choice.
Cheers
Anton

Well, it's not that I've anything against the CL as such but a cursory glance at the manual shows transcode to be nearly 3000 lines long about 60 pages of intricate to learn text, I ain't about to assimulate that in an afternoon. So therefore a gui is welcome to get me started.

Incidentally, do you have scsi-emulation on your drives ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]