jason pearl wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:39:28 +0000
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

True,but this is only for the writer software aspect and I don't think it's relevent to my problem as such.

One thing that has ocured to me overnight. What installation are you running. Is your transcode install one of the various rpm installs,such

as PLF, or are you running the website cvs version ? The reason I ask
is that if transcode is like mplayer in regard to cvs versions they
don't automatically come with dcss libraries/decryption to decrypt the
mpeg2 vob files.
I may be lacking something in this direction, don't know, the transcode

website isn't very enlightening on that subject, merely references that

transcode is a one package install. That may, or may not enclude decryption, I don't know ?
But mine is a cvs install.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

no theres a mdk version.. i added the plf to my urpmi and then ran the urpmi dvdrip. it downloaded about 10 packages. then i had to make sure all the little tests said ok. then the program has been running flawlessly.

Ah, that sounds interesting then. Now that presents a problem for me, not so easy to remove cvs versions, and I think I read somewhere about not running rpm versions together with source code version, because of a bug or conflict. Hmm, I will have to look into that.
John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]