On Saturday 24 January 2004 03:53, David E. Fox wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:39:24 -0700
>
> Travis Crook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >     I'm running Mandrake 9.2 on an Abit NV7-133R Motherboard using
> >     the
> > nforce chipset.  I can't seem to get my sound card to record from
> > an
>
> Please don't hijack threads :(.

Explanation and reasons on
http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/MandrakeMailingListEtiquette

> Audacity should be able to record live & show you the signals in
> real time. At least it used to, but I haven't tried it for that in
> a while.

If aRts is running you may not be able to record at all.  I found that
it had to be killed before I could record in any program.  Installing
kickarts allows you to have a tray icon from which you can kill arts
and restart it at will.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302