On 1/24/2004 at 5:04 AM Aron Smith wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 07:12:29 -0500
>"Lanman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>[On 1/24/2004 at 3:05 AM Aron Smith wrote:
>>[
>>[>On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 04:48:35 -0500
>>[>"Lanman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>[>
>>[>>[On 1/23/2004 at 7:14 PM JoeHill wrote:
>>[>>[
>>[>>[>Mandrake makes a profit! Capitalist pigs! Probably
used
>>[>>[child labour or
>>[>>[>something...
>>[>>[>
>>[>>[>http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/01/22/1249
249
>>[
>>[>>[>
>>[>>[>JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
>>[>>[
>>[>>[
you
>>[with a link. These super-computers make IBM mainframes
look
>>[like 486's. They are every Tekno-Geek's wet dream. Kinda
>>[like dreaming about owning a Ferrari Enzo. Please tell
me
>>[you're kidding? Grin! ? IIRC, Cray2 Supercomputers start
at
>>[around 2 Billion U.S., and I seriously hope I'm wrong
about
>>[that, otherwise the interest I'm earning on my
hard-saved
>>[$300.00 will never be enough !
>>[
>>[http://www.cray.com/
>Yes  I was Kidding as to the computing power of a cray at
the
>resent rate of progress in 10 years a Bowef cluster of 100
>desktops would kick butt
>>[

I can believe that. But those Cray's are amazing little
"toys" aren't they? Sigh!

I suppose I should apologize to Joe for hijacking his
thread though. Sorry Joe.

It was good to see that Mandrake is starting to pull out of
their financial problems.

Thanks for the heads - up.

Lanman