On Tuesday 27 January 2004 19:30, Charles Howse wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 01:49 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

> > > Streamtuner looks interesting.  It looks like the only way to
> > > get it is the tar.gz file.  Does it come with all those
> > > stations I saw in the screenshots, or do you have to enter
> > > each and every one manually?
> >
> > Streamtuner comes as a Mandrake rpm. - If you have your sources
> > defined, especially "contrib" and "plf" I think it's there.
> > Just (as root) : "urmpi streamtuner". It comes with a lot of
> > predefined stations. If you can't find it in your sources, I
> > think that http://rpmfind.net
> > can point you to the correct .rpm
>
> Well, I downloaded streamtuner-0.10.2-1mdk.i586.rpm from
> rpmfind.net, and installed it.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]# rpm -ivh streamtuner*
> warning: streamtuner-0.10.2-1mdk.i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature:
> NOKEY, key ID 26752624
> Preparing...
> ########################################### [100%] 1:streamtuner
>           ########################################### [100%]
>
> When I opened it from the root console, it was absolutely without
> content! Nothing but the menus, and a blank window.  Nothing
> worked, won't tune in, nothing!  I'd say that qualifies for
> inclusion in the "sucks" category. Of course, the documentation
> in /usr/share/doc is worthless, and I read man streamtuner, which
> didn't tell me much of anything, unless I missed something.
> What have I missed?

Hm.... Mine is streamtuner-0.10.0-mdk and that works excellent in my
9.2 environment. Are you on 9.2 ??

And maybe there an issue with dependencies if you install from "raw"
rpm (rpm -ivh streamtuner) ?

Suggestions : try to locate 0.10.0 first (0.10.2 could be a "cooker"
version, not intended for 9.2). Then, download the file to some
directory. Finally,as root, type :
"urpmi streamtuner-0.10.0-blablablabla.rpm".
That should at least give you some hints about missing dependencies,
if any).

Good luck

Kaj Haulrich.
--
** Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer **