On Monday 02 February 2004 2:01 pm, Steve Kaufman droned on:
> Since I am still so new to this linux environment and have not even gotten
> past the very simplest of things I am still using my win2K system a lot. I
> would like to be able to read my email from either system especially this
> list, and be able to see my folders from either system. Does anyone have
> any suggestions of an email program that I could use to do this?

Kmail stores its email by default using the standard *nix mail folders. Older
versions of Eudora also do so. By putting the mailboxes on a server with
Samba and NFS running, it would be possible to read from the same place under
Win2k and Linux.

But maybe a local mail server would be a more stable method, as both would
know how to deal with it, and not be surprised as stuff is added and deleted.

Rob

--

Linux: For the people, by the people.
Linux Counter #183693 http://counter.li.org/