JoeHill wrote:
For those of you struggling to get 2.6 up and running, and those who are
lukewarm on the subject, check out what you're missing (as am I):

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Feb/gee20040203023723.htm

Interesting, though it seems to be saying that the main advantages are for high-end servers. Any comments on the desktop end?

I've heard from many places that 2.6 won't support 3D acceleration, but nVidia's latest Linux drivers claim to be 2.6-compatible. Anyone got them working?

Incidentally, don't try using the latest nVidia drivers with the 2.4 kernel that comes with Mdk 9.2 - you'll get a black screen.

Sir Robin

--
" Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on."
- Winston Churchill

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi