I never used the Nvidia drivers as they did not have the drivers at the time. I am
going to put beta2 on tonight and I will let you know tomorrow.

Tony.

-----Original Message-----
From: robin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 2:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] 2.6: The Speed Demon

JoeHill wrote:
> For those of you struggling to get 2.6 up and running, and those who are
> lukewarm on the subject, check out what you're missing (as am I):
>
> http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Feb/gee20040203023723.htm

Interesting, though it seems to be saying that the main advantages are
for high-end servers. Any comments on the desktop end?

I've heard from many places that 2.6 won't support 3D acceleration, but
nVidia's latest Linux drivers claim to be 2.6-compatible. Anyone got
them working?

Incidentally, don't try using the latest nVidia drivers with the 2.4
kernel that comes with Mdk 9.2 - you'll get a black screen.

Sir Robin

--
" Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he
will pick himself up and continue on."

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi