Amichai Rotman wrote:

On Friday 20 February 2004 05:01, Brandon Rife wrote:

The sound driver info is below. I've tried both the maestro and
snd-es1968 drivers with no luck. I do know that the maestro module
was working. Should it matter, this problem is occurring on a Micron
Transport ZX laptop.

Vendor: ?ESS Technology
Alternative drivers: ?snd-es1968
Bus: ?PCI
Bus identification: ?125d:1978:144d:3240
Location on the bus: ?0:c:0
Module: ?maestro
Media class: ?MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO

Hi Brandon,

The problem seems to be the aRts Server.

I had a similar problem. This is what I've done:

I started by running draksound. If it detects the soundcard, it will configure the right driver (module) if it doesn't work, click the Trouble shooting button. It gives you a few suggestions to follow. Try it.

If that doesn't work, try running alsaconf. That solved it for me. ;-)

Good Luck !

Write back if you didn't succeed, I have a few more ideas.

Amichai Rotman

Short text-only e-mails: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UIN#: 6401746
Registered Linux User#: 201192

Hello Ami,

Thank you my friend, your advice fixed the problem!