Christophe Rhein wrote:
Hello,
I downloaded the tar file of Firefox and I followed Robin's instructions to install it from a terminal...
I don't know how but the software installed itself in my temp folder... I was not able to use the tar -zxvf command... Is it the right place or shall I move it some where else?
Thank you
Christophe

I made a folder in my home directory called firefox and downloaded it there. You should be able to move it there from temp.

I then cd to that directory and ran this command (do not leave out the last - )

gunzip -dc fir*.tar.gz | tar -xvf -

Then I set up a menu item to run the command
/home/mike/firefox/firefox/firefox

Works fine.
Mike