On Sunday 22 February 2004 08:15 pm, Christophe Rhein wrote:
> Hello,
> I have to write a file in my Firefox defaults profile folder but I get
> access denied message.
> I saved the file in my home folder and tried to move it to the same profile
> folder and same message.
> what can I do?
> Is it a security problem? (I did not setup any special level)
> Thanks
> Christophe

Try going into a terminal, and typing 'su', then your password. Then, from the
terminal, open whatever program you were using to move the files(i.e. if you
were using konqueror, type 'konqueror'.) This is a root version of the
program.

Also, if you want to make the folder writeable for all users, type su in the
terminal, your password, then type 'chmod 777 /path/to/folder'.

--Marc