Anne Wilson wrote:

On Monday 23 February 2004 17:32, Christophe Rhein wrote:

I don't get it!
How can I drag and drop files to a folder when I'm user?
For the moment all I can do is write in my home directory.
When I open KDE config panel as root there is no way to move files
around. I think I missed something!

You can only move files to and from a folder where you have write permissions. The way round it is to open a console, su to root, then launch konqueror - you will be running konq as root. Move the files as you wish, then check permissions to make sure that they are owned by the correct person or group. If you make directories somewhere that you want to share, create a group for the job, allocate the folder and programs inside it to the group, and make sure that the required users are in the group.

What would be really nice would be for konqueror to open a root password dialogue when you try to do something like that.

Sir Robin

-- "Caesar non supra grammaticos." - Suetonius

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533