Thinker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> OK.. I now have what appears to be a fairly stable Mandrake
> 10.0rc1 running on my machine with the 2.6.3 kernel in place.
> Where do I need to go for updates to this as they come out?
> What servers do I need to point mcc to for updating or how do
> I need to use uprmi to make sure that this stays good and,
> um.. up to date?

For application updates:

1. Open 'konsole'.
2. Type 'su' (and your password).
3. Type 'urpmi.removemedia -a'.
4. Go to "http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php"; and follow
   the instructions there (choose 'cooker'). Copy and paste the
   three lines you get into 'konsole' (and press 'Enter' so that
   the last line is executed too).
5. Type 'urpmi.update -a'. Wait! :)
6. Type 'urpmi --auto-select' and follow the instructions.

Each time you want to update the applications, follow step
1, 2, 5 and 6 above. You might want to add '--auto' in step
6 to avoid answering any questions.

Note: 'cooker' is unstable. Sometimes the updates may break some
applications. Just wait a day, and then do another update.

For just kernel updates, follow steps 1, 2 and 5, and type
'urpmi kernel'. Then select the kernel you want.

When 10.0 is relased (and you want a stable distro), install that,
and execute step 1 to 6 again, now choosing '10.0' as the version
in step 4. Any future updates using 'urpmi' should then only fix
things, not break them! ;)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer