On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 12:39, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Soren,
> Do you have media in your card reader during boot time ?
> Does kde-info-usb  detect your hubs correctly?
> Looks to me that you do have a usb hub fully configured.
> But is there an irq conflict,
> IRQ routing conflict for 00:11.2, have irq 9, want irq 3
> IRQ routing conflict for 00:11.3, have irq 9, want irq 3
> I wonder why ?
>
> It ought, in theory, to be possible to boot to desktop
> and then hot plug the card reader, but I think maybe
> it needs media in it as well, because as soon as the
> device is plugged in the system wants to not only
> configure the device but mount it as well.Now
> that also needs a line in fstab to do that, I'm
> wondering what line is in fstab do you have
> to mount the reader ?
> When a device like a card reader is mounted
> during boot time the system tries to fsck it.
> So if there is no media in the device it stops
> and often hangs, or it does on mine.If I
> have media in the reader the fsck is completed
> and the mount is successfull, always provided
> that there is a line in fstab to mount it.
>
> So, what is the line in fstab ?
> Do you include media in the reader at boot time?

I now tried with a media in the reader during boot, and that worked :)

But.. Can I somehow prevent mandrake from trying to mount my card on
boot, so that I can only do it manually? And how do I mount/unmount it
manually?

Heres my fstab:

none /mnt/memory_card supermount
dev=/dev/sda1,fs=ext2:vfat,--,codepage=850,kudz
u,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0

Best regards
SÃren