Keith Powell wrote:

On Monday 01 Mar 2004 8:01 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

Keith Powell wrote:

Many thanks, Lanman, for the very useful information. I have printed it
out for future reference.

Scribus is definitely not on my download CDs. I have looked at the actual
rpm's on all of them (not just the lists), and it's nowhere in sight. I
must have bought an incomplete download edition. Can't download the CDs
myself, as I only have a dial-up Internet connection.

I have decided that when Mandrake10 is available, I'll buy the boxed set.
This will teach me not to economise!

Cheers

Keith

None of these any use to you ?

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=Scribus&submit=Searc
h+...

Mandrake's version is 3.1MB, achievable in a download programme like d4x , even for dialup.

John

Thanks for your reply, John.

I had downloaded Scribus using rpmfind, and it works OK.

It was downloading the complete 3 CD "Download Version" to which I was referring. There's no problem with downloading just individual programs, but with my limited connect time, downloading the complete distro in bits would take weeks!!!

Cheers

Keith

Same for me, the 3 CD's of the download take 10-14 days depending upon how much
I'm permitted to monopolise the internet connection. So Mandrake testing isn't that
much of a practical proposition even if I could update the urpmi header lists,
and go that route, the risk of cutoff is too high to be practicable. I usually end up
monopolising the internet connection twice a year for a fortnight each time though.

Did scribus need and dependencies ?
just out of interest.

John

--