On Tuesday 02 Mar 2004 09:40, Keith Powell wrote:
> On Monday 01 Mar 2004 11:04 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> > Did scribus need and dependencies ?
> > just out of interest.
> >
> > John
>
> Hello John.
>
> I have only briefly tried Scribus, as I am just starting to find out about
> it, having read an article on it in Linux Format magazine. So I haven't
> given it a really good test, yet. However, from what I have found, it
> appears to work OK. I only installed the program and libscribus.
>
> On the site from where I downloaded it, there was a list of another 16
> libraries which it said Scribus requires and which are not installed on my
> machine. I haven't downloaded these, but will do so (as it says they are
> needed), so that the installation is "complete".
>
> For information, the missing libraries are:
>
> libICE.so.6,  libSM.so.6,  libX11.so.6,  libXext.so.6,  libC.so.6,
> libdl.so.2,  libqcc s .so.1,  libm.so.6,  libnsl.so.1,  libpnq.so.3,
> libpthread.so.0,  libqt-mt.so.3,  libresolv.so.2,  libstdc++.so.5,
> libz.so.1
>
> I can't find any of them on my CDs.
>
> Cheers
>
> Keith

These are files not packages. To search for the package they belong to, use

urpmf libICE   and so on.

Leave out the version number since you may have a higher version than
required.
If they were *required* then they would have been installed along with the
scribus RPM (if they were not already)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net